The Fiscal Intermediary, or FI, is an agency that provides administrative and billing support to a person who chooses self-direction.
The Fiscal Intermediary is responsible for:
- Completing background checks for self-hired staff;
- Billing Medicaid or New York State for services in the budget;
- Paying staff;
- Tracking expenditures; and
- Providing monthly statements to the person.
Self-Directed Services Training Topics
Welcome! To help you prepare for your new position, we request that you read this page and follow this training program that covers various topics you will find useful in the near future. Please read each training document link and check it off on the "Self Directed Services Training Acknowledgement Form" when you have completed the topic. The list includes several acknowledgment forms that must be completed and returned to HR at the end of this training program. They are indicated throughout the following information. If you have any questions or concerns at any point in time, please do not hesitate to contact James Johnson or the Staff Development Department at 518-546-7151.
**Make sure to complete the form at the bottom of the page verifying that you have completed this training exercise.**
Click each training topic to read it. All topics are required reading. Click the BACK ARROW in your web browser to return to this list.
- Please download and sign the “Employee Handbook Receipt” Form
- SDS Personnel Handbook - Revised November 2018
- Code of Ethics for Direct Support Professionals
- Positive Relationships and Implementing Safe Environments (PRAISE)
- NYS Core Competencies and NADSP Code of Ethics
- NYS Justice Center Code of Conduct that you signed as part of your onboarding
- Positive Approaches
- Corporate Compliance Plan 2018
- Corporate Ethics
- HIPAA Training
Recognition and Prevention of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: Both Part 1 and Part 2 must be viewed to complete this training.
- Workplace Violence Prevention
- Safe Transfer and Movement
- Human Growth and Development and Overview of Developmental Disabilities
- Human Rights and Responsibilities
- Medical Immobilization and Protective Stabilization
- Fire Safety
- Infection Control
- Prevention of Choking and Aspiration
- Preparation Guidelines for Food and Liquids
Self Directed Services Training Acknowledgement Form
Please complete each training document link shown above and check it off on the "Self Directed Services Training Acknowledgement Form" when you have completed the topic.